Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Think of a loved one that you have lost. If you could ask this person one question, what would you ask, and what do you think they would say?

Think of a loved one that you have lost. If you could ask this person one question, what would you ask, and what do you think they would say?

I would love to have one last conversation with my mother in law, Alina Stella Cuadra and with my father Earle E. Sims. I miss them both tremendously and wish they could know how much I really cared about them.

My father was a quiet man at home, but knew no stranger. My mother in law was rarely quiet but she also knew no strangers. They both could pull conversations out of complete strangers and leave that person thinking they were their best friend.

Dad has been gone the longest. I would love to ask him what he thinks about my family. I could only hope that he is proud. He last saw my kids when they were 5, 3, and 1. They are now almost 29, almost 27, and 24.5 years old. He would be a great grandfather of two at this point.

Then we have my mother in law. I would love to know more about her when she was young. She tended to be reluctant to talk about her younger, wilder days. I would love to know everything she saw and more about the men she loved. I would love to know how it was growing up in Nicaragua and her stories of moving to the U.S. I would love to know how she let all her children know how much she loved them. I would love to just talk with her again.

Happy 80th birthday mom. I wish you were here so we could celebrate it together one more time. Your children miss you desperately. Your family continues to grow and grow furthering the Cuadra legacy. We love you and send you hugs and kisses and all of our hearts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment