Sunday, January 2, 2011

MAC-Nana's Spirituality


I guess I would call my spirituality neglected right now. I attend church regularly, am on the vestry of said church, am on the pastoral care committee, and take communion to shut ins. However, there is a part of me that has neglected this aspect of my life.

I am simple with my spirituality though. I tend to believe easily and have faith in odd places. I also have the tendency to be contradictory in terms of faith as well.

Spirituality is a ingrained part of who I am. I firmly believe what I believe but I do not have to be right with my beliefs. I will not argue religion with anyone and can accept spiritual aspects of people that are often overlooked. I can neglect this side of me, but often find it nurtured in ways I never expected. I am a creature of habit and love the Episcopal Church for its liturgy, but also love the mystery that goes with my faith. I can be peaceful but sometimes I get caught up in the things that I cannot control forgetting that life is not about control.

I love the Lord and cannot even begin to describe what that means to me exactly. I am comfortable in the idea that there is a deity that cares about us an individuals but also expects us to care about others. I attempt to live a life that works towards being a caring person to others. I can be hypocritical and do not like that part of myself. In other words, spirituality is a part of me that is just as much of who I am as the color of my hair and eyes, as well as personality. I cannot imagine life without this side.

No comments:

Post a Comment