Monday, January 3, 2011

*Over the past week, I made someone smile when I...

I am enjoying these prompts that I've been using for this journaling challenge.

I immediately thought of my grandsons when I read the prompt. I went to their house tonight. Both are feeling punky today due to Aaron getting his 2 month shots and Jason getting in his two year molars.

First I was talking to Aaron and got him to stop crying. Then he started to talk to me, and finally I saw the smile. His smiles really make my day.

Second, Jason woke up from his nap and he was glued to his daddy's side. He would just randomly cry, wouldn't drink his water, and would not say hey or hi to Nana. Then his mom came home with some pizza and I was able to convince him to go to the table. Then I poured some ranch dressing on his plate which he calls deeeep (for dip) and he began eating after. I finally saw a smile from him when I was playing with him while he took his bath. He handed me his water flutes and put them into my mouth to blow. Then he would smile really big!

Seriously: it is a really good day when I get to see their smiles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment